MakersBox has a vision “To Inspire the Next Generation to Innovate and Invent”. The MakersBox STEM in School Programme works with creative thinkers who help drive a positive global change. Our approach to education aims to cultivate our students to be problem-solvers, leaders, collaborators, and innovators who have the creative capacity to drive change in a world that is constantly changing.
Over the years we have impacted more than 100,000 students and our team works on Projects that Engage Students across multiple schools, universities, and after school programmes.
If you are someone, who can:
- Build an interdisciplinary, collaborative, learning environment?
- Teach hands-on skills to prepare engineering students for real world challenges?
- Introduce the latest techniques and technologies from across industries?
- Encourage innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship on campus?
- Build a love for engineering and life long learning?
- Enjoys designing solutions to new challenges?
- Likes to bring innovative ideas to life through prototyping?
- and can inspire students to do the same.
We need you to come and work with Us us.
WE are looking for Makers, tinkerers, hobbyists, and tech enthusiasts with a passion for fabrication to lead our School Maker Space in Goa, and hey MakersBox achieve it’s vision of nurturing creative thinkers who will drive positive global change.
The Makerspace is a collaborative, community oriented physical location that brings together students, faculty and industry experts from diverse backgrounds to work in a hands-on environment and apply theoretical
knowledge to real world projects. At the Makerspace, students have access to high-tech prototyping equipment, mentorship and guidance, and expert lead workshops and trainings.
The goal for Makerspace is to encourage the essential skills of creativity, problem solving, collaboration and interdisciplinary thinking and empower the next generation of leaders to succeed in a competitive global economy.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Building Makerspace Programming:
- Work with external and internal experts to organize and execute workshops, projects, competitions and talks at the makerspace that align with learning outcomes. Plan a dynamic Makerspace schedule of events
- Promote and create excitement about the Makerspace through social media portals
- Network with the local and global Maker community to identify new opportunities for the students and the university
2. Facilitation and curriculum:
- Work as a part of the MakersBox facilitation team, and contribute to our curriculum development team to create Tools Training, Creativity and Project based Learning curriculum.
- Design and execute projects that enhance student learning at the Makerspace.
- Instruct and aid students and faculty in use of makerspace equipment and software; provide both one-to-one assistance and facilitate group workshops
- Mentor student projects and encourage collaboration
- Ensure that strict safety guidelines are followed at the Makerspace
3. Space Management:
- Manage makerspace inventory, purchases and transactions.
- Manage and maintain all machines and equipment, troubleshooting and performing simple repairs as applicable.
- Keep supervisor informed of departmental needs and concerns
- Clean, organize and maintain the physical space and tools. Use previous experience on ground to suggest ways to improve the space.
MakersBox is looking for creatively inclined individuals who have as many skills as possible from the following skill set. Training will be provided on the job to those who demonstrate a keen interest:
- 1- 4 years of experience
- Knowledge of or experience with (As many as possible from) : 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), modeling (Autodesk Fusion 360), Coding, Electronics and circuitry, Robotics, Arduino, Raspberry pi, Laser cutting, Rapid Prototyping, 3D printing, CNC manufacturing, Woodworking, Metalworking, Machining, Welding, Hand tools and Power tools.
- Enthusiastic facilitators/ teachers/ instructors with good communication skills
- A background in Industrial Design, Engineering, Product Design, Architecture, Sculpture, Woodworking, Robotics or a similar hands on craft is prefered.
- Independent workers who have the ability to multitask and handle deadlines.
- Photography, Videography and Graphic Design skills are a plus
- Passionate about education and willing to learn all of the above!
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive based on your knowledge, previous experience and passion
- Perks also include access to the latest equipment and technology that you can use to bring your own ideas to life!
Offered Salary₹35,000 - ₹40,000
External Job Linkhttps://makersbox.in/job/s-t-e-m-facilitator-goa/
Related Jobs (3)
STEM Facilitator – Delhi on September 13, 2019 Full Time
Assistant Maker Space Facilitator on September 13, 2019 Full Time