We are looking for an Experienced Maker Space Assistant for our School Maker Spaces in New Delhi, India. Freshers (Diploma Holders in Electronics, Computers, or any Field of Engineering) can apply too, if you have the right aptitude and attitude.
You will be responsible to provide operations and logistics support for the School MakerSpace learning community, by working on planning and developing programmes with our Maker Space Managers. You will also be responsible to run the community of our members, and inspire them to create more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with faculty regarding makerspace-related course activities.
- Maintain makerspace equipment, materials inventory.
- Counsel makerspace users regarding best practices.
- Ensure compliance with safety, rules/policy guidelines.
- Provide multi-format equipment and use instruction.
- Process user requests for 3D printing, etc.
- Advise MakerSpace manager regarding makerspace issues, needs, continuous improvement.
- Assist with makerspace assessment activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Diploma or Degree Holder in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science). Preference will be given to candidates with one (1) year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of 3D printing and 3D scanning
- Knowledge of Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- Knowledge of design software
- Knowledge about the software to install
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to provide individual/small group instruction
- Ability to offer advice to and work closely with young inventors
- Ability to answer any questions related to printer/scanner problems
- Able to adapt quickly and solve problems
- Ability to determine cause of software problems and resolve or refer for maintenance and repair
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- This is a Teaching / Sedentary Work. You maybe required to lift material of upto 10 KG’s of weight occasionally, and a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and workspace restrictions.
- In addition, incumbents may be subjected to vibrations Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Little physical effort required.
This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Offered Salary₹15,000 - ₹20,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
External Job Linkhttps://makersbox.in/job/makerspace-assistant-delhi/